What a Calling Is
Vocation or calling has been described by Frederick Buechner as the place where your deepest gladness meets the world's deepest need. In living our calling, we experience joy and a sense of wholeness.
As baptized Christians, God calls each of us to live our Christian commitment in a variety of ways. This commitment can be lived out in the married life, in the single life, or in the religious life. We are all called to reach out to God's people in love and to find happiness and peace in doing so.
How is God calling you to live your Christian life? Do you think it could be as a member of a religious community?
Is God calling you to a vocation as a Sister of St. Joseph?
Signs that God may be calling you to be a Sister of St. Joseph:
- You are committed to living your faith as a baptized Catholic.
- You desire to follow Jesus more closely by fostering unity and showing compassion to others.
- There is a nagging feeling inside you that God is calling you to more.
- You become aware that you are searching for a deeper meaning in life.
- You are an ordinary woman with a desire to make a difference in the world.
- Nurturing community is important to you.
If you are experiencing a number of these signs, you could be called to be a Sister of St. Joseph.