With food bank use at record highs and 10-year waiting lists for affordable housing, many Ontarians are falling through the cracks of Ontario’s social safety net — social programs that exist to prevent poverty and help those in precarious situations. When a group of knitters discussed these problems, someone joked that they should knit a social safety net themselves, and a beautiful idea was borne.
It's nice to know that what we do is appreciated
Over 80 people attended the Fontbonne Ministries Volunteer Appreciation Brunch on Sunday, April 28, 2013. Volunteers, staff and Sisters gathered at Mustard Seed at 791 Queen Street East.
The latest issue of Springs of Hope, the Fontbonne Ministries newsletter, is available. Topics in this issue include:
- Supporting the Sisters in their Ministries
- Walking With the Sisters
- A Chance to Touch Someone's Life
- Cooking and Companionship
- A Bit of Everything
- Tending the Community Garden
- Self Discovery in Pottery
- Achievements in Gardening and Pottery
- Appreciating Donors and the Wonder of Women