Saturday, March 25, 2017
   
Text Size

Caring for sick became habit for nuns at Comox hospital

Comox Valley Record, March 5, 2013 — St. Joseph's General Hospital is a big part of Comox Valley history — and it all started when four women came here to care for others nearly 100 years ago.
 
Four Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto — Sister Majella, who was Sister Superior, Sister St. Edmund, Sister Claudia and Sister Praxedes — left their home in Toronto on June 29, 1913 to come to Comox and establish a hospital.
 
 
By Renee Andor

FacebookTwitterYouTube

© 2017 Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto  |  E-mail: info@csj-to.ca  |  Phone: 416-467-8070  |  Website by Poverello Media