Return to Prince George
After a 10-year absence, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto returned to the Diocese of Prince George this past August. Bishop Gerald Wiesner provided them a warm welcome. Eager to take up their new ministry at the parish and missions of Our Lady of the Snows, Fort St. James were Sisters Patricia Macaulay, Jane Dwyer and Pat Boucher, seen in the photo above, left to right, with Father Frank Salmon, OMI.
It was in 1916 that Sisters of St. Joseph first opened Annunciation School in Prince Rupert. In 1997, Sisters Rita Smith and Pat Boucher left St. Peter’s Parish in Mackenzie to return to their motherhouse in Toronto. As such, they have been an important part of ministry in the diocese.