In Good Company
In Good Company, a ministry of Fontbonne Ministries, Sisters of St. Joseph, Toronto provides a coordinated visiting program in the Greater Toronto Area, for individuals seeking emotional, spiritual and social support.
- To provide a visiting service that will assist individuals in the community to maintain and extend their independence.
- To offer individuals the opportunity to interact socially and verbally with members of their community while also enhancing their quality of life.
- To enable a mutually supportive and stimulating social relationship for both the individual and volunteer.
- To make available opportunities for volunteers to be nurtured in body, mind and spirit.
In the home
- One-on-one social visits engage neighbours who have limited contact with their community.
In the neighbourhood
- We can assist our clients in extending their independence by helping them remain mobile and by keeping them connected with opportunities in the community.
In body, mind and spirit
- Ever mindful that regular visits are occasions of nourishment for body and mind, this ministry also aims to nurture the spirit in ways that are supportive.
Our services include
- Regular home visits
- Safety reassurance calls
- Short outings
- Occasional shopping trips
What is involved
- Assessment: The ministry director will meet with the referred individual in her/his home to gather information that will help to ensure a successful match with a volunteer.
- Matching: Every effort is made to create a meaningful match between the volunteer and the individual, which will benefit both parties.
Our volunteers are carefully screened and supported. Fontbonne Ministries is committed to providing volunteers with opportunities to nourish body, mind and spirit.
For information, referrals and enquiries, contact:
Self and third party referrals are welcome.
Please download our brochure.