The primary purpose of the Archives is to centralize, arrange, describe, and preserve the documentary heritage of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto. As the first Canadian foundation of the Sisters of St. Joseph, the archives maintains records that reflect the origin, history, spirit and growth of the congregation in Toronto, Ontario and across Canada. You can visit the Sisters' online history section by clicking here.
The Archives makes accessible, when appropriate, the historical records of the congregation upon the completion of a researcher agreement form. Initial inquiries must be made in writing either by email or by regular post to the attention of the archivist. General or family history research will be provided by staff.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Linda Wicks
Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto
101 Thorncliffe Park Drive
Toronto, Ontario M4H 1M2
Featured Archives Posters
Click on the images to view the posters in full size.
Imprints on Toronto. In 2012 a new poster was created to highlight prominent institutions that had been owned and operated by the Sisters. Since their arrival in Toronto in 1851, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto have continued a long tradition of meeting unmet needs with life-giving ministries. Their ministries left significant, yet subtle, imprints on the city as it developed into the metropolis we know today.
History Poster for Tyndale University. In 2013 a poster was designed to mark the move of the congregation from their home in Willowdale. The Morrow Park property was sold to Tyndale University College & Seminary in 2006 to be used as a centre of Christian education and training. A new residence in East York welcomed the sisters in the Spring of 2013.
For More Information
Click here to learn more about the history of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto.